Become a Volunteer
The non-profit Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park is always looking for volunteers to help us with our mission to honor and interpret the achievements of Thomas Edison at this site and to inspire our youth. We have a number of ways for you to get involved, including training as a docent to guide visitors through our museum and site, helping to manage our gift shop, or working behind the scenes in the office.
- welcome visitors to the museum
- give guided interpretive tours for school and visitor groups
- assist visitors locate local attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- assist with admission, distribute membership materials
- assist with museum meetings and in house events
- answer phones, greet visitors, etc.
- assist with stocking and inventory, (bi-annual inventory count)
- mailings, brochures, etc.
- work with facilities on museum projects and general site work
- process collections, photographs, correspondence, library materials and artifacts
To support our community’s youth, the Edison Center coordinates with local Boy and Girl Scout troops to provide opportunities for Eagle and Gold Award projects to enhance the Menlo Park historic area’s interpretation and beautification.
Internship Opportunities Internship Form Volunteer Form