Visit Our Historical Site
Visitors are encouraged to visit the Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park to see the following resources:
- Exhibits and Programs
- Edison Memorial Tower & Commemorative Monuments
- 36-acre Edison State Park and trails
The regular museum hours are: Thursdays – Saturdays 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Museum Store: The Museum Store is open during regular museum hours.
Schools and other organized groups are welcome by appointment. Group visits are not restricted to public museum hours, provided visits are arranged at least one week in advance.
Accessibility: Our museum is on one level and we are ADA accessible. Special Needs: Please advise us of any special needs your group may have so that we are prepared and can provide your group with a comfortable experience.
The museum encourages a donation of $5.00 per person to help offset the costs of staffing and maintenance. Call the museum at 732-549-3299 to schedule a group tour.
There is a $5.00 per person suggested entrance fee, donations are appreciated.
Located in Menlo Park at:
37 Christie Street, Edison, NJ 08820
Direction by Car:
- Garden State Pkwy Exit 132; take Route 27 south (towards Metuchen) about ¾ mile. Turn right onto Christie St.; proceed 3 blocks to the museum.
- Route 1 to Parsonage Road exit; proceed 1 mile: turn right onto Route 27. Proceed north about ¾ mile. Turn left onto Christie St.; proceed 3 blocks to the museum
Direction by Train: NJ Transit stop Metro Park
Walking Direction from Metro Park Train Station:
1. Start out going southwest on Middlesex Turnpike/County Hwy-657 toward Wood Ave S/County Hwy-649. (go 0.39 miles)
2. Turn right onto Wood Ave S/County Hwy-649. (go 0.1 miles)
3. Turn left onto State Route 27/NJ-27. (go 0.1 miles)
4. Turn right onto Cedar St. (go 0.06 miles)
5. Turn left onto Monmouth Ave. (go 0.13 miles)
6. Turn right onto Philip St. (go 0.06 miles)
7. Turn left onto Tower Rd. (go 0.12 miles)
8. Turn right onto Christie St. (go 0.03 miles)
9. 37 CHRISTIE ST is on the left. (go 0 miles)